Media Advisory: Canada’s Only National, Multi-Species Veterinary Convention is Taking Place in Vancouver, BC
June 28, 2018
VANCOUVER, B.C. – The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) annual Convention takes place in Vancouver from July 5 to 8, 2018 and offers veterinary professionals multi-species continuing education (CE) sessions delivered by over 30 esteemed speakers from Canada, the United States, and overseas.
The opening day includes the CVMA Summit, the announcement of the new CVMA President, CVMA’s awards ceremony recognizing individuals and groups for their outstanding contribution to veterinary medicine, as well as the National Issues Forum that explores issues and challenges pertaining to the therapeutic use of cannabinoids in veterinary medicine.
WHAT: 2018 Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Convention
WHEN: Thursday, July 5 to Sunday, July 8, 2018
- July 5 – CVMA Summit: Changing Dynamics of Private Practice (8 a.m. to noon PDT)
- July 5 – New CVMA President announcement (approx. 12:50 p.m. PDT)
- July 5 – CVMA Awards ceremony (1 to 2 p.m. PDT)
- July 5 – National Issues Forum: Therapeutic Use of Cannabinoids in Veterinary Medicine (2:30 to 5 p.m. PDT)
- July 5 – Exhibit Hall Opening (5 p.m. PDT)
- CE sessions run from July 6 to 8 ranging from companion animal, ruminant, equine, honey bees, bovine, animal welfare and more, including:
- How to train your millennial
- All the reasons why cancer hurts
- How do I know it’s abuse (session2)
- Toxic veterinary teams
- Body condition, nutrition and the senior cat. The skinny on the old.
- Intro to rehabilitation: how can PTs find things that DVMs miss?
- Nutraceuticals and pain management. What’s the evidence?
- Honey Bees for Dummies: A Primer for Veterinarians
WHERE: JW Marriott parq Vancouver, 39 Smithe St., Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1C1.
Interested media are requested to confirm their attendance with:
Tanya Frye, Manager, Communications and Public Relations