MEDIA ADVISORY: CVMA Brings the World to Canada with the Country’s Only National, Multi-Species Veterinary Congress in Toronto
July 10, 2019
CVMA Brings the World to Canada with the Country’s Only National, Multi-Species Veterinary Congress in Toronto, Ont.
TORONTO, Ont. – The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) and the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) joint Congress takes place in Toronto from July 16 to 19, 2019 and offers veterinary professionals multi-species continuing education (CE) sessions delivered by over 100 national and international esteemed speakers.
The opening day (July 16) includes:
- CVMA Global Summit, exploring The Gold Standard of Animal Welfare – Positive and Negative Impact on Animals and Veterinarians (8 to 11:50 a.m.)
- Announcement of the new CVMA President (approx. 12:50 p.m.)
- CVMA’s awards ceremony recognizing individuals and groups for their outstanding contribution to veterinary medicine (1 to 2 p.m.)
- CVMA Global Forum, exploring Telehealth and Animal Welfare – Pros, Cons and Implications for Veterinary Patients (2:15 to 5:05 p.m.)
Of note is the Community Outreach Program, taking place on Saturday, July 13, 2019. Community Veterinary Outreach (CVO) provides delegates with an outreach day including a 2.5-hour One Health workshop with background on CVO’s One Health model and approaches, along with presentations by human and animal health partners, followed by a CVO One Health clinic for homeless and vulnerably housed pet owners at the Yonge Street Mission in Toronto. Find more information here.
WHAT: 2019 WSAVA/CVMA Congress
WHEN: Tuesday, July 16 to Friday, July 19, 2019
- CE sessions ranging from companion animal, dentistry, dermatology, exotics, reproduction, behaviour, integrative medicine, cytology, ophthalmology, accessible veterinary care, and social media, including:
- Canine Caesarian section - tips and tricks
- SWIM CATS: A Multi-Modal Approach to Feline Mobility, Weight Loss, and Pain Management
- Purrrrrfection: Application of Fear Free and Low Stress Techniques in The Physical Rehabilitation Setting
- Exotics: Antimicrobial therapy in reptiles
- Exotics: What's up doc? Working up small mammal cases
- Fear Free is Better Medicine: Preventing and Alleviating Veterinary Fear
- Accessible Veterinary Care: Serving Homeless Populations Through a One Health Approach
- Applying the FEASAC Framework in Legal Cases of Animal Cruelty and Neglect
Review the Program Guide online for a complete event listing: https://cslide.ctimeetingtech.com/wsava19/attendee/confcal/session/calendar
WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, 255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6
The CVMA is the national and international voice for over 12,500 veterinarians in Canada providing leadership and advocacy for veterinary medicine. The Congress is held in partnership with the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA). Visit canadianveterinarians.net to learn more.
- 30 -
Interested media are requested to confirm their attendance with:
Lori Tarbett, Manager, Communications and Public Relations
613-236-1162 ext. 128 (office), 613-697-0762 (cell), email@example.com