CVMA International Student Leadership Award
In 2017, the CVMA instituted the CVMA International Student Leadership Award. This award consists of a plaque and a monetary award of $800 CDN presented annually to one veterinary student who is studying at one of the AVMA-COE accredited schools.
The CVMA will advise each school to ask students to elect nominees based on their leadership and achievement in student affairs. Once nominees have been selected, each school must submit supporting documents (as outlined below) to Natalie Morrissey (email@example.com).
- An outline of nominee’s accomplishments making them an ideal candidate (maximum 1,000 words).
- Letters of Support (five letters maximum; not to exceed 500 words each).
All nominees must be a member of the CVMA International Student Affiliate Program.
- The program coordinator at each school will receive the awards guidelines and selection criteria and will organize the student vote that will select their nominee.
- The deadline for submitting the 2021 nominee and supporting documents is August 31, 2021.
The CVMA awards selection committee and the SCVMA senior representatives will review each submission and the candidate who best meets the criteria for this award will be chosen as the recipient.
Congratulations to the folloing recipents:
- Ben Taylor (Intl. - University of Glasgow - School of Veterinary Medicine)
- Rachel MacLeod (Intl. - University of Glasgow - School of Veterinary Medicine)
- Matthew Barnes (Intl. - University of Glasgow - School of Veterinary Medicine)
- Noreen Wong (Intl. - St. George's University - School of Veterinary Medicine)