News & Events
One Month until Veterinary Healthcare Teams Across Canada Unite to Celebrate Animal Health Week!
August 20, 2019
Veterinary teams across Canada are one month away from celebrating Animal Health Week (AHW) from October 6 to 12, 2019.
Through AHW, the CVMA’s national public awareness campaign, Canadian veterinarians have a chance to present a united front, while emphasizing an important animal health issue. This year, we are highlighting the importance of “Optimal Nutrition for Optimal Health: Talk to Your Veterinary Team About Your Animal’s Dietary Needs.”
During AHW 2019, encourage animal owners to speak to their veterinary teams about creating the best individual nutrition protocol for their animals. Good nutrition forms the basis of an animal’s overall health! There is still time to prepare for AHW 2019 and, with your colleagues from across Canada, remind your clients that:
- Optimal nutrition is central to optimal health and well-being.
- Diets must be appropriate for species, breed, age, and health status of an animal.
- Portion control is of utmost importance — obesity is a leading cause of illness and premature death in overfed animals.
- All diets, prepared commercially or at home, must be formulated with appropriate balance of essential nutrients as required by your animal.
- Speak to your veterinary team for advice on types and amounts of food your animal needs.
The CVMA’s annual AHW is presented in partnership with the Registered Veterinary Technologists and Technicians of Canada (RVTTC) and is possible due to generous industry sponsors.
Thank you to our 2019 Animal Health Week sponsors for your ongoing support:
- Principal Sponsor, Royal Canin
- Program Sponsor, iFinance Canada (Petcard)
- Program Sponsor, The Personal
The success of Animal Health Week ultimately relies on the participation and camaraderie of every member of Canadian veterinary teams. Help your national professional associations, the CVMA and RVTCC celebrate and educate Canadian pet owners and improve animal welfare across the country!
Visit our website to download factsheets and information you can share with your clients to help keep their animals healthy, safe, and happy. Please share your celebrations on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #AnimalHealthWeek and please tag @cvma.acmv in your Instagram stories so we can share your fun on our page.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING