News & Events
Animal Health Week Ordering Closes on August 4, 2017
July 25, 2017
You can order 2017 Animal Health Week merchandise here.
This year’s theme, Animal Welfare: Safeguarding the Five Animal Freedoms, provides us with an opportunity to remind animal owners of the fundamental elements they are required to provide the animal in their care to ensure them healthy and happy lives.
We’re reminding animal owners they can protect the Five Animal Freedoms by:
- Providing proper nutrition
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
- Ensuring proper socialization
- Freedom to spend time with or away from members of their species as appropriate.
- Providing adequate shelter
- Freedom from discomfort by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Providing appropriate veterinary care
- Freedom from pain, injury or disease by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Allowing animals to exhibit normal behaviour
- Freedom to express normal behaviour by providing sufficient space, proper facilities, and tools/accessories and not punishing animals for carrying out undesired behaviours.
You can order merchandise to help promote Animal Health Week in your clinic or hospital, including: additional posters, Frisbees for playful children and pets, apparel and more!
Visit our website for more information about Animal Health Week.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING