News & Events
Find Out How the CVMA Supports Your Business and Saves You Money
May 28, 2019
The CVMA’s first priorities are providing leadership, advancing Canadian veterinarians’ interests, and influencing government and policy makers on issues affecting veterinarians and animal health and welfare. As a CVMA member, you support these priorities but your membership also enables us to research and provide you with ways to support your business and save you money. All CVMA members can benefit from a large range of services, privileges, and discounts; below are benefits and services available to you for FREE:
1. A FREE human resources document bundle through CVMA’s partner HRdownloads! Save time and get support from HR experts who know what the Canadian veterinary industry needs. Your free bundle includes:
- Veterinary Technician Job Description
- Professional Accreditation Policy
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) 2015 Compliance Policy (GHS)
- Written Warning Letter
- Employee Performance Review
HRdownloadsTM also provides CVMA members with a 10% discount on other cost-effective and time-saving documentation, live HR support by senior HR advisors, online surveys, training solutions for HR efficiency, and more!
2. A FREE Career and Business Toolkit. This CVMA online Toolkit focuses on personal financial management, veterinary business management, and client management, and includes links to FREE online business, marketing and communications, and human resources courses, a booklet containing simple checklists you should be following for effective practice management, cost of living comparisons across Canada, as well as guides, tips, and articles all aimed to help your practice succeed. Additional resources will be posted as we determine their relevance.
3. FREE CE courses through the CVMA’s online education portal, CVMA members can access over 800 e-learning sessions and education resources from veterinary experts and educational institutions around the world. You can select sessions based on specialty, accreditation, minimum duration, education type, free or paid, and the tracker tool records your completions.
4. A FREE CVMA Source Guide serves as a valuable reference tool to your national association, the Canadian veterinary community, veterinary specialty groups and organizations, and industry suppliers. Within this guide, you’ll also find a complete listing of CVMA member benefits and privileges, your national issues and animal welfare position statements, and awards and honors information recognizing your colleagues’ achievements. You can also use this guide to contact your peers, colleagues, and classmates. The CVMA Source Guide contains a listing of CVMA boards, committees, and representatives, national and international veterinary medical associations, veterinary colleges, and national species specific groups.
5. FREE general legal advice through CVMA’s VetLawTM Online Legal Advice Column. Send your question through the VetLawTM Advice Column on the CVMA website and Mr. Doug Jack, LL.B., an expert on veterinary law, provides free general legal advice. You can also consult previouslyasked questions and answers posted online.
Below is a list of some of the discounts that CVMA members can also take advantage of:
1. Members joining the exclusive CVMA Group Insurance Program are guaranteed a minimum 10% reduction off their current commercial insurance and employee benefits premium for equivalent or superior coverage.
2. Moneris and MyVetStore offer CVMA members preferred pricing.
3. Petcard offers CVMA members exclusive special benefits, incentives and rewards.
4. Save up to 50%, with rates averaging between 5 to 20% better than other online hotel booking services, with CVMA Hotel Discount Program.
5. Save up to 44% off regular individual membership rates with the CVMA — GoodLife Fitness Corporate Discount Program.
6. Scotiabank offers enhanced banking and lending solutions to CVMA members.
For a complete listing of CVMA member benefits and services, please visit the CVMA website and if you have any questions or require more information or application forms, contact the CVMA.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING