News, Events & COVID-19 RESOURCES
2022 CVMA Awards Nominate a Deserving Colleague Nominations Due January 31, 2022
September 2, 2021
Each year, through its awards program, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) proudly recognizes individuals who have demonstrated significant accomplishments, exemplary leadership, and tireless commitment to Canada’s veterinary community.
Nominations for the 2021 CVMA Awards are accepted until January 31, 2022.
Award recipients will receive complimentary registration to the 2022 CVMA Convention in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Award nominees (excluding those nominated for Honorary Membership) must be current CVMA members; however, they can be nominated by non-members. We invite you to consider nominating a deserving colleague for one of the following CVMA’s prestigious awards:
- CVMA Humane Award — recognizes leadership in the care and well-being of animals
- CVMA Industry Award — recognizes contributions to the advancement of veterinary medicine in industry roles
- Merck Veterinary Award — recognizes work in food animal production practice, clinical research, or basic sciences that contributed to the advancement of food animal medicine and surgery, including herd health management
- Small Animal Practitioner Award — recognizes work in small animal practice, clinical research or basic sciences that contributed to the advancement of small animal medicine, surgery, or small animal practice management
- CVMA Practice of the Year Award — recognizes a veterinary practice team for outstanding achievement within their local community
- CVMA Life Membership — recognizes a CVMA member for long and outstanding service on CVMA Council, Executive, Boards, and Committees or for outstanding contributions to the veterinary profession
- CVMA Honorary Membership — recognizes an individual who has rendered distinguished service to the profession, whether residing in Canada or elsewhere 2021 CVMA Awards Nominate a Deserving Colleague Nominations Due January 31, 2021 Prix de l’ACMV de 2021 Soumettez la candidature d’un collègue méritant! Les candidatures sont acceptées jusqu’au 31 janvier 2021
Award recipient selection is based solely on the information provided in the nomination package. Please follow these steps to ensure all required documents are included with your nomination package:
1. Submit a completed nomination form. The form is available for download under the CVMA Awards section of the website.
2. Include the following supporting documents as part of the nomination package:
- Outline of nominee’s key professional accomplishments (maximum of 1000 words)
- Letters of support (maximum of 5 letters, 500 words or less each)
- Newspaper articles (maximum of 2 articles written within the last 2 years)
- Articles written by nominee (maximum of 3 web links to articles)
Nomination packages are due by January 31, 2022, via email. Please visit the CVMA website or contact Communications or 1-800-567-2862 ext. 125 for further information.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING