News, Events & COVID-19 RESOURCES
One Health Antimicrobial Stewardship Conference - Alberta 2020
December 23, 2019
May 20-21, 2020
Delta Hotels by Marriott, South Edmonton Conference Centre
The ABMVA is excited to announce the One Health Antimicrobial Stewardship Conference. The conference is presented by the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association (ABVMA) with funding support from Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. The 2020 event follows the 2016 ABVMA One Health Antimicrobial Workshop and strives to continue the momentum following the success of the Western Canadian One Health AMS Conference held in Regina, SK in January 2017.
This conference will offer experts in animal and human health fields and environmental science a platform to share leading practices in antimicrobial stewardship and provide evidence-informed information for all participants. The conference will include two days of continuing education, poster session and evening dinner with keynote speaker, Timothy Caulfield, author and host of the Netflix series A User’s Guide to Cheating Death.
More information available January 2020 at: hab.ca/one-health-2020
- providing a forum for communication about antimicrobial stewardship across the animal, human and environmental sectors in Western Canada
- identifying opportunities for One Health collaboration in stewardship activities across the animal, human and environmental sectors
- improving One Health understanding of the AMR challenges facing animal, human and environmental health
- improving awareness of the implications of recent AMR and stewardship research and policy have for front line practice
- informing antimicrobial stewardship practices by the human, animal and environmental sectors using evidence-based knowledge
About the Organizers
The ABVMA is the professional regulatory organization responsible for regulating the practice of veterinary medicine in the province of Alberta under the authority of the Veterinary Profession Act (VPA).
Healthy animals and people in a healthy environment
Serving the public by regulating, enhancing and providing leadership in the practice of the profession of veterinary medicine in Alberta
Antimicrobial Stewardship is a strategic priority for the association. Several communications activities related to this project are underway intended to educate and inform the public, producers, and professionals of the importance of stewardship activities with an aim towards reducing and using antimicrobials more effectively.
The 2020 conference will provide a One Health environment to educate stakeholders and provide networking opportunities across the human, environmental and animal health sectors.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING