News & Events
Ontario Shelter Medicine Association Hosts Continuing Professional Development Event in November
October 1, 2018
The Ontario Shelter Medicine Association is hosting a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) event on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at the Ontario Veterinary College.
Dr. Sara Bennett, DVM, MS, DACVB, Veterinary Behaviour Specialist and Dr. Jacklyn Ellis, PhD, Feline Behaviorist will be speaking about canine and feline behaviour and enrichment. Topics for the day include:
- Kennel stress in dogs – what is it and what can we do about it?
- Behavioural pharmacology for sheltered animals
- Behavioural impact of puppy mills and hoarding environments
- Managing out of box elimination - in-shelter and post-adoption
- Feline behaviour case management
- Mental health and well-being in the veterinary and animal welfare professional
The day will run from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and includes breakfast and lunch. There is an optional networking dinner also starting at 6 p.m. Fees are as follows:
- $90 for members
- $140 for non members
- $55 for students
- $25 for the networking dinner (open to CPD attendees and friends and family are also welcome)
The event is sponsored by Hills Pet Nutrition and OVC Pet Trust.
Please register at the link below and check out the OSMA website for more details: https://www.ontariosheltermedicine.org/events/event-calendar/#!event/2018/11/17/ontario-shelter-medicine-2nd-cpd-day-canine-and-feline-behaviour-and-enrichment
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING