News & Events
Public Health Agency of Canada's Webinar series - Zoonoses and Adaptation in a Changing World
June 14, 2019
Save the Date: June 20, 2019!
From Anthrax to Zika, climate change and globalization bring new challenges to the One Health community… A webinar series on zoonotic disease and climate change adaptation issues of importance to Canadians brought to you by the Public Health Agency of Canada
Our main objectives in establishing this webinar series are to:
- Increase our collective awareness and intelligence of happenings across the country
- Communicate and advance knowledge of important zoonotic disease and climate change adaptation information to partners
- Acknowledge important work being done by our partners
- Establish informal dialogue amongst the zoonoses and climate change adaptation community in Canada and bring One Health partners together
The scope of our webinar series includes:
- Zoonotic diseases, including endemic and emerging diseases of importance to Canada. Topics will be broad in scope and cover diseases impacted by climate change, but also other issues and events related to globalization and changing human practices.
- Infectious disease and climate change adaptation actions being undertaken across Canada, highlighting the work of the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Infectious Disease and Climate Change Fund recipients, health professionals, PHAC employees, Provincial and Territorial Authorities, academia, etc.
Our first webinar is scheduled for June 20, 2019 from 1:30- 3:00 PM Eastern Time.
We have some great talks and excellent speakers lined up (see attached poster).
If you are interested in attending this webinar, please register here
If you not able to attend this webinar but are still interested in receiving notifications for future webinars, please register here
If you have any questions related to this webinar, please feel free to contact us at our single window email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is open, so we invite you to please distribute this notice to those who may be interested. We hope you can join us!
Attention CVMA members: PHAC is interested in webinar topic suggestions. Please contact them if you have ideas.
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING