News & Events
Vaccines Save Lives! Animal Health Week - Online Ordering Now Open!
July 21, 2018
The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) has been running the Animal Health Week campaign for more than 30 years and this year we want to emphasize the importance of vaccinations. We are underscoring the importance of protecting animals from disease and illness through immunization. Preventing illness is safer, more effective, and more economical than treating it.
During Animal Health Week, from September 30 to October 6, 2018, we’re reminding animal owners they can help protect the animals in their care by ensuring they receive the vaccinations they need to be healthy, safe, and happy. This year’s theme, Vaccines Save Lives!, provides us with an opportunity to remind animal owners to speak to their veterinary teams about creating the best individual vaccination protocol for their animals. A vaccinated animal is a happy, safe, and healthy animal.
We’re reminding animal owners about these 5 Reasons to Vaccinate:
- Vaccinations are safe and effective — they prevent many animal illnesses.
- Vaccinations protect everyone — they prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal, but also from animal to human.
- Vaccinations are an important part of annual health exams.
- Vaccinations are tailored to each animal based on its breed, age, overall health, and disease exposure risk.
- Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
Celebrate Animal Health Week
We invite veterinary health teams to celebrate Animal Health Week with us. Each year veterinary teams rank waiting room displays as the most popular way of celebrating Animal Health Week, followed closely by client contests. In addition to the official campaign poster, the following items are available to engage your entire healthcare team and help celebrate Animal Health Week:
- Biodegradable balloons
- Paw shaped pet food scoop (new)
- Animal Health Week socks (new)
- Temporary tattoos
- Pet rescue window decals
- CVMA Activity Book “Big or Small, We Help Them All!”
- Puppy sports pack, which can be used for a variety of activities like carrying sports gear or beach apparel
- T-shirts and V-neck pullover scrub shirts (both available in men’s and women’s sizes) featuring fear free colors!
Place your order before the early bird deadline on July 20, 2018 for a chance to win a $100 Subway gift card (enough to treat the whole team to lunch!) and other fun prizes. Placing your order online (instead of faxing or mailing it) (canadianveterinarians.net) also gives you a chance to win a $50 Tim Horton’s gift card (treat your hard-working team to some delicious morning steam)!
The last day to place your order for Animal Health Week materials is August 3, 2018.
For additional information on Animal Health Week, follow CVMA on Twitter (in English @CanVetMedAssoc and in French @Assoccanmedvet) and Instagram (@CVMA.ACMV), and like us on Facebook (facebook.com/CanadianVeterinaryMedicalAssociation).
Use #AnimalHealthWeek for all of your Animal Health Week social media promotions.
Our generous supporters
Generous support of the 2018 Animal Health Week campaign is provided by Principal Sponsor, Petsecure, Program Plus Sponsor, Merck, and Program Sponsor, iFinance Canada (Petcard).
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING