News, Events & COVID-19 RESOURCES
World Veterinary Day Award: Veterinarian Response to the Covid-19 Crisis
April 23, 2021
The World Veterinary Association (WVA) and HealthforAnimals are proud to announce the 2021 World Veterinary Day theme: Veterinarian response to the Covid-19 crisis.
The 2021 World Veterinary Day will be held on April 24, 2021 and is an opportunity to celebrate the contributions of veterinarians to the health of animals, people and the environment.
Applications are now open for the World Veterinary Day Award, which honours one WVA Member’s activities related to 2021’s theme.
Applications are due May 24, 2021.
The continuing COVID-19 pandemic, caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) changed life as we know it and significantly affected the global human and animal populations.
And yet, through this challenging time, veterinary medicine meaningfully and rapidly evolved, demonstrating veterinarian’s ability to cope, adjust, and adapt; and to continue in their role as leaders of animal health and welfare and public health.
The 2021 World Veterinary Day will celebrate the work of veterinarians to protect animal and human health during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
The World Veterinary Day Award is an opportunity to:
- Showcase your Association’s diligent efforts to the global veterinary community
- Receive a prize of USD3500 to fund new activities, reward staff, provide scholarships, etc.
- Be honoured during a ceremony in your country/region/virtual or at the 2022 WVA Congress.
- Improve the visibility and recognition of the veterinary profession in your country and worldwide.
The WVA Member Association that undertakes activities that best embody this theme will be recognized with the World Veterinary Day Award.
Provided by the World Veterinary Association and HealthforAnimals, the Award is open to all WVA Veterinary Associations who submit evidence of activities that demonstrate their support of the WVDA 2021 Theme. This could include local campaigns, educational seminars for the public, media campaigns, new research, or anything else that promotes environmental protection and innovation for better animal and human health.
The Award value of USD 3500 will be provided directly to the Association, which may use it for activities, reward hard-working staff, provide scholarships, support their community, etc.
The WVDA competition is open to all WVA member associations. WVA associations are encouraged to celebrate the World Veterinary Day 2021’s theme with collaboration with any other entity.
NOMINATION OF CANDIDATES
All fields in the application form (click HERE to download the application form) shall be properly filled out and emailed to email@example.com no later than May 24, 2021.
Applications received after the deadline will be not be reviewed.
The WVD 2021 Award will be given to the veterinary member association that best promotes the theme of “Veterinarian response to the Covid-19 crisis.”
The organisers will also consider activities that took place in the recent past, still on-going or are planned to take place in the future.
The main criteria for evaluation are:
- Contribution and achievements on the WVD 2021 theme;
- Involvement of relevant stakeholders and the general public;
- Collaboration with the public health sector;
- Media coverage;
- Follow-up initiatives.
Examples of activities (the list is not exhaustive):
- Identification and implementation of good practices and programmes related to the WVD 2021 theme.
- Seminars, webinars and workshops for veterinarians/physicians/public health workers on WVD 2021 theme.
- Release studies, statistical data, surveys related to the WVD 2021 theme.
- Education sessions for the general public on WVD 2021 theme.
- Celebrate the works of a notable researcher or veterinarian on the WVD 2021 theme.
- Create an online source containing general information about the WVD 2021 theme.
- Concerts, public performances, fairs, virtual events etc. organised for the WVD 2021.
- Media involvement such as newspaper articles, radio and television discussion on WVD theme, etc.
- Promote activities on WVD 2021 theme through social media.
- Distribution of promotional materials related to the WVD 2021 theme.
- Any other initiative would be most welcome!!!
For more information, visit:
www.worldvet.org / www.healthforanimals.org
BACK TO NEWS & EVENTS LISTING