Owning a Pet and its Contribution to a Healthy Society
Our pets also have an impact on society as a whole. Responsible pet owners recognize this and work towards having a positive impact on society.
This may include:
- Bite prevention training and socialization of dogs to protect people from injury.
- Spaying and neutering your pet helps to prevent overpopulation and the emotional and financial toll this takes on society.
- Working with your veterinarian to use antibiotics responsibly.
- Ensuring your pets are properly identified.
- Adhering to local bylaws, including licensing and leash requirements.