Animal Health Week 2019
Each year, through Animal Health Week, the veterinary community draws attention to an important health-related message.
The CVMA is proud to have celebrated Animal Health Week across the country for more than 30 years. From October 6 – 12, 2019, CVMA will showcase the importance of nutrition.
This year’s theme, Optimal Nutrition for Optimal Health: Talk to Your Veterinary Team about Your Animal's Dietary Needs, is an opportunity to remind animal owners about the importance of seeking professional veterinary advice regarding what and how much they feed their animals based on species, age, and overall health. Eating a balanced diet is as important for our pets, livestock, and other animals as it is for us. Proper nutrition can help set the stage for our animals to live healthy lives.
During this Animal Health Week, we’re reminding animal owners:
- Optimal nutrition is central to optimal health and well-being.
- Diets must be appropriate for species, breed, age, and health status of an animal.
- Portion control is of utmost importance – obesity is a leading cause of illness and premature death in overfed animals.
- All diets, prepared commercially or at home, must be formulated with appropriate balances of essential nutrients as required by your animal.
- Speak to your veterinary team for advice on types and amounts of food your animal needs.
GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THE 2019 ANIMAL HEALTH WEEK CAMPAIGN IS PROVIDED BY:
In Partnership With