Animal Health Week 2018
ANIMAL HEALTH WEEK – September 30 – October 6, 2018
Animal Health Week Online Ordering is Now Open!
You can now order 2018 Animal Health Week merchandise here:
You can print an Animal Health Week PDF order form here if you are unable to order online.
Each year, through Animal Health Week, the veterinary community draws attention to an important health-related message.
The CVMA is proud to have celebrated Animal Health Week across the country for more than 30 years. From September 30 – October 6, 2018, CVMA will showcase the importance of vaccinations. The spread of communicable disease has not only becoming an increasing concern in the human population, but within the animal community as well. It is even more relevant given the increase in international travel and importation of animals from foreign countries. Furthermore, disease spreading parasite populations have grown and the regions in which they live have amplified. This year’s theme, Vaccines Save Lives!, is an opportunity to remind animal owners about one of the most important components of animal health – disease prevention. We will focus on prevention through immunization and remind animal owners to discuss the best vaccination protocols for their animals based on their breed, age, overall health, risk of exposure, and region in which they reside. A vaccinated animal is a happy, safe, and healthy animal.
We’re reminding animal owners about these Five Reasons to Vaccinate:
- Vaccinations are safe and effective – they prevent many animal illnesses.
- Vaccinations protect everyone – they prevent diseases that can be passed not only from animal to animal, but also from animal to human.
- Vaccinations are an important part of annual health exams.
- Vaccinations are tailored to each animal based on its breed, age, overall health, and disease exposure risk.
- Vaccinations can help avoid costly treatments for diseases that can be prevented.
Generous support of the 2018 Animal Health Week campaign is provided by:
Program Plus Sponsor
In Partnership With