Animal Health Week 2021
Each year, through Animal Health Week, the veterinary community draws attention to an important health-related message.
The CVMA is proud to have celebrated Animal Health Week across the country for more than 30 years. From October 3 – 9, 2021, CVMA will highlight the importance of One Health, the collaborative effort of multiple disciplines to attain optimal health for people, animals, and the environment.
This year’s theme Animal Health + Human Health + Planet Health = One Health showcases how Canada’s veterinary professionals occupy unique positions within the national One Health community, protecting animal health which, in turn, protects everyone’s health.
The 2021 Animal Health Week campaign key messages are:
- It is more important than ever for people to understand the critical links between animal, human, and environmental health.
- Animals, people, and the environment; keeping one healthy requires that all be healthy.
- The veterinary profession holds significant roles and responsibilities to safeguard ONE HEALTH.
- Veterinarians are ONE HEALTH practitioners by protecting the health and safety of animals, and, in turn, people, and the environment.
- Veterinarians have critical ONE HEALTH roles in food safety, environmental protection, and public health.
Educational tools, including a social media campaign, resources, and articles will be available to promote Animal Health Week across the country. A free Animal Health Week poster was included in August’s issue of The Canadian Veterinary Journal and a 2nd poster will arrive at veterinary hospitals and clinics across the country in August. The CVMA will not be selling merchandise this year as we are transitioning Animal Health Week celebrations to an online awareness campaign only.
THE 2021 ANIMAL HEALTH WEEK CAMPAIGN SUPPORT IS GENEROUSLY PROVIDED BY:
In Partnership with: