COVID-19 and Animals
COVID-19 has impacted animals at varying levels. It is variable, pets do not play a role in transmitting COVID-19 to humans. For the most up-to-date information on Animals and COVID-19 visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
Why it Matters
Research continues on animals and COVID-19 in animals. A lot remains to be learned.
- The most up-to-date information for veterinarians continues to be regularly shared in the COVID-19 section of the CVMA website.
- Townhall webinars continue to be offered on an ad hoc basis.
- Hosted informative townhall webinars to provide veterinarians with the most up-to-date information on the virus and its impact on humans and animals.
- CVMA worked with the Canadian Council of Veterinary Registrars to assist veterinarians with the transition to telemedicine.
- Provided guidance on a variety of issues related to business management during the pandemic.