You speak for those who cannot speak.
AND WE SPEAK FOR YOU.
Only the CVMA represents the interests and priorities of Canada’s diverse veterinarians. As a CVMA member, you benefit from our wide range of activities and resources.
We speak for you on animal welfare
We have recently advised the federal government on enhancements to:
- Animal transportation legislation
- Animal cruelty legislation
We help shape national policy and legislation that affect you
We have recently advocated for:
- Research on veterinary use of medicinal cannabis for pets
- Continued use of ketamine and compounded and extra-label drugs
- Guiding standards and tools for improved antimicrobial stewardship
We have resources to help you throughout your career
We can help you succeed with resources including:
- Early career DVM resource hub
- Business management services and tools
- Health and wellness resources
- Comprehensive practice insurance and more