2023 CVMA Awards Nominate a Deserving Colleague Nominations Due January 31, 2023
January 4, 2023
Each year, through its awards program, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) proudly recognizes individuals who have demonstrated significant accomplishments, exemplary leadership, and tireless commitment to Canada’s veterinary community.
“We honor our colleagues’ tireless work and contributions to the veterinary community by nominating them for CVMA awards,” says Dr. Chris Bell, CVMA President. “We look forward to celebrating Canada’s hard-working veterinarians and acknowledging their excellence.”
Nominations for the 2023 CVMA Awards are accepted until January 31, 2023.
Award recipients receive complimentary registration to the 2023 CVMA Convention in Quebec City, from July 6 to 9.
Award nominees (excluding those nominated for Honorary Membership) must be current CVMA members; however, they can be nominated by non-members. We invite you to consider nominating a deserving colleague for one of the following CVMA’s prestigious awards:
- CVMA Humane Award — recognizes leadership in the care and well-being of animals.
- CVMA Industry Award — recognizes contributions to the advancement of veterinary medicine in industry roles.
- Merck Veterinary Award — recognizes work in food animal production practice, clinical research, or basic sciences that contributes to the advancement of food animal medicine and surgery, including herd health management.
- CVMA Small Animal Practitioner Award — recognizes work in small animal practice, clinical research or basic sciences that contributes to the advancement of small animal medicine, surgery, or small animal practice management.
- CVMA Practice of the Year Award — recognizes a veterinary practice team for outstanding achievement within their local community.
- CVMA Distinguished Member Award — recognizes a CVMA member for long and outstanding service on CVMA Council, Executive, Boards, and Committees or for outstanding contributions to the veterinary profession.
- CVMA Honorary Membership — recognizes an individual who has rendered distinguished service to the profession, whether residing in Canada or elsewhere.
More information about the CVMA Awards can be found under the Awards page of the About CVMA section of the website.
Award recipient selection is based solely on the information provided in the nomination package. Please submit nominations directly through the CVMA website.
Include the following supporting documents as part of the nomination submission:
• Outline of nominee’s key professional accomplishments (maximum of 1000 words)
• Letters of support (maximum of 5 letters, 500 words each)
• Newspaper articles (maximum of 2 articles written within the last 2 years)
• Articles written by nominee (maximum of 3 articles).
Nomination submissions are due January 31, 2023.