CVMA 2025 Convention - Local Chair
September 14, 2023
The Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA) is seeking a volunteer to sit on the CVMA Professional Development Committee (PDC) from January 2024 to December 2025 to assist with local arrangements of the 2025 annual convention to be held in Victoria, British Columbia, from June 26 to 29.
This individual should be dedicated to this role, have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be a person of integrity in the veterinary community. The 2025 Local Chair will assist the Professional Development Committee (PDC) and the CVMA Manager, Professional Development by:
- Suggesting potential speakers for the CE sessions for 2025 CVMA Convention
Projected timeline: January – March 2024
- Suggesting options for the CVMA social evening
Projected timeline: August – October 2024
- Assisting the Manager, Professional Development with the recruitment of volunteers
Projected timeline: November 2024 – April 2025
- Assisting the Manager, Professional Development with securing cadavers and supplies for wet labs and with disposal of wet lab materials
Projected timeline: January – April 2025
- Assisting with identifying potential session chairs for the scientific sessions
Projected timeline: February – April 2025
In addition to the areas listed above, the Local Chair will also participate in quarterly Zoom meetings and one in-person meeting with the PDC.
If you would like to consider this volunteer opportunity, please send an email with a curriculum vitae to Sarah Cunningham, Manager, Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30, 2023.