Owning a pet is a privilege that requires commitment, investment and preparedness.
To be a responsible pet owner you should:
- choose a pet that is well suited to your home and lifestyle
- keep only the type and number of pets that you can provide for adequately
- commit to caring for the pet for its entire lifespan
- recognize that pet ownership requires an investment of time and money
- be prepared to provide adequate care including preventative and emergency health care, nutrition, spay or neuter, training, exercise and mental stimulation.